Saturday, October 19, 2013

Lesson 1.9 God Saves: Joseph, Part 2

Getting Ready for October 27, 2013

Help with Memory Verses

We have a new key verse this week. (I hope that by now you have all memorized the first part of Psalm 23, and are ready to move on to something new.  If you haven't, try playing this game or listening to the song.  I bet you'll learn it in no time.)

The new verse is Ephesians 1:4  I have a song for it now.  I hope to have a game for you to play ready soon.

I'm going to use a slightly different format for posting the song for Genesis 50:20. In my mind, this verse sums up the most important part of Joseph's response to the situation.  Now, most of the time, when people hurt us, they didn't really mean to do it.  They say something that hurts our feelings, or they accidentally destroy something we care about and it really was just a mistake.  But Joseph's brothers shoved him into a pit, sold him into slavery, and told his father that he was dead.  They meant to hurt him.
And sometimes there are people who mean to hurt you and me.  But I think I will sing this song most often to the devil.  He definitely wants to hurt me but nothing that he can do can take me out of God's love.  I want to remember that in my heart all of the time.


Here's a song for Psalm 68:20.  I think that this is the kind of thing that Joseph needed to remember in the midst of all that he was going through, though it hadn't actually been written when he was alive.

Coloring Pages

Joseph helping to organize places to store food.
Joseph as an important man in Egypt--he was the most important man except for Pharaoh.
Joseph's brothers bowing down before him, asking for the right to buy food from him.  Remember Joseph's dreams?  They don't recognize him yet, but he recognizes them.


Joseph did a lot to test his brothers before he let them know who he was.

All of Joseph's family--all the descendents of Jacob--coming down to Egypt so that they can have enough food to eat.

Joseph meeting his father Jacob after so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting a comment or question. I try to respond to most comments quickly, within a few days at most.