Sunday, March 16, 2014

3.3 Jesus Forgives Our Sins - Healing of the Paralyzed Man

Lesson from March 16, 2014


Memory Verse:  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
Remember to pray.  Pray that God would show you things in this story that help you to know him better.
Read or listen to the story of Jesus healing the paralyzed man.  You can find it in Mark 2:1-12.

Miss Becky reading Mark 2:1-12.




  How did the paralyzed man get to Jesus?  Draw a picture or answer in words.
When Jesus told the paralyzed man that his sins were forgiven, who do you think was happy?  Who do you think was sad or angry?  Why? Write or draw a picture about how people felt.
Sins are things that we do that are not what God wants us to do. (Not doing something that God wants us to do is another kind of sin.) All of us sin.  Jesus is the only person who has ever lived who did not sin. What is something you have done that was sinful?  Are you sorry that you did it? Have you asked Jesus to forgive you? Draw a picture of you doing something wrong (or just write about it.)  Then draw a picture of how it feels to be forgiven.

Memory Verse Review I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20. When you are learning a new memory verse one of the most important things to do is to understand what it means.  This verse is filled with some complicated ideas. There are lots of ways to begin to understand something that is new and hard.  Ask God to help you understand it and then do one or more of these things. Talk to an older Christian about it (your mother, your father, a grandparent, a teacher, a big brother or sister). If we had time, we may have already talked about the verse in Kid Zone. Find a way to learn about the verse from a book or the internet.  Miss Becky's Bible Blog will have something to say about this verse. Write something or draw a picture that will remind you of what you learned.  What does it mean to be crucified with Christ and to now live by faith in the Son of God?

Coming Soon--
Miss Becky Talks about Galatians 2:20


Looking Ahead to Next Week. Next week, we will talk about Jesus healing several different people.  One of the stories is about Jesus healing a woman when she touched his clothes.  You can find it in Mark 5: 24-34. Ask God to show you a picture in your mind of what this was like.  Draw it here (in your journal) or write down some things that you notice about the story.
Miss Becky reading Mark 5:24-34.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting a comment or question. I try to respond to most comments quickly, within a few days at most.